BEERMKR WATER CHEMISTRY KIT
- Look up the right water profile to use on the table below.
- Fill your measuring pitcher with 1,000ml of reverse osmosis, distilled, or deionized water.
(DO NOT use tap water, or filtered water (Brita, Pur, refrigerator, etc). Only use reverse osmosis, distilled, or deionized water. These can be found at your local grocery store.)
- Measure out your salts and minerals per the table below and add to your pitcher of water and stir.
- Top up your pitcher to 3,000ml of water.
- Install your BrewTub in your BEERMKR, connect your GreyValve, but do not connect your bag yet.
- Pour your salt and mineral adjusted water into the BrewTub.
- Fill your pitcher with the amount of water required for your second water addition.
- Connect your BagValve to the GreyValve and allow the water to flow into the bag.
- Add your malt and brew like normal.
Water Profile Table
Use the table below to add water adjustments for your beer. If you are brewing a MKRKIT, choose the recipe from the dropdown menu and the suggested water profile will be displayed. All additions of salts and minerals are listed in grams. If you are brewing a DIY recipe, be sure to enter the water amount you are adding to your BEERMKR in liters.
WARNING: Do not exceed the values listed for each profile. Bad, or even harmful, beer can result from incorrect measurements. This page was not designed to assist in custom water configurations. This page was designed to give you the correct weights of salts and minerals to add for a specific water profile to be used with your BEERMKR.
|Water Profile||Grams of Chalk CaCO3||Grams of Baking Soda NaHCO3||Grams of Gypsum CaSO4||Grams of Calcium Chloride CaCl2||Grams of Epsom Salt MgSO4||Grams of Canning Salt NaCl||Beers|
|Balanced Profile II||0.85||1.26||1.40||1.51||0.66||0.41||TBD|
|Burton on Trent (historic and decarbonated)||0.00||0.18||6.49||0.00||2.72||0.91||CITRA SMASH IPA, CTZ SMASH IPA, CENTENNIAL SMASH IPA, CASCADE SMASH IPA|
|Burton on Trent (historic)||1.32||1.32||6.41||0.00||2.72||0.91||TBD|
|Dortmund (historic and decarbonated)||0.57||0.00||2.43||1.14||1.53||0.16||TBD|
|Dublin (Dry Stout)||2.67||0.27||0.43||0.26||0.27||0.00||CHUBBY STOUT|
|Edinburgh (Scottish Ale, Malty Ale)||1.97||0.46||0.40||0.61||1.18||0.00||JURASSIC ALE|
|Light and Hoppy||0.00||0.00||1.54||0.47||0.33||0.16||FUTURE IPA, REDWOOD IPA,BACKYARD SESSION ALE|
|Light and Malty||0.00||0.00||0.41||1.08||0.33||0.16||GHOST WHEAT, SQUEAKY KOLSCH, PUMPKIN ALE|
|London (Porter, Dark Ales)||2.83||0.00||0.35||0.02||0.33||0.58||TBD|
|Munich Dark Lager||3.35||0.06||0.00||0.00||0.27||0.02||URSA BALTIC PORTER|
|Munich||0.31||0.00||0.00||0.93||0.87||0.07||MÄRZEN / OKTOBERFEST LAGER|
|Pilsen||0.27||0.00||0.00||0.03||0.10||0.03||PATIO PILSNER, LA CABRONA MEXICAN LAGER|
|Chimay||2.31||0.00||0.00||0.14||0.35||0.12||BELGIAN TRIPEL, BELGIAN WITBIER|
|Sable Porter||0.00||1.56||0.78||1.04||0.26||0.00||SABLE PORTER|